Jan. 4, 2013 -- The influenza activity level in Michigan has been upgraded from "regional activity" to the highest level of "widespread activity." As a result, West Branch Regional Medical Center at this time is not allowing visitors under the age of 12 in patients rooms. Additionally, visitors with a fever or signs of influenza are being asked NOT to visit. WBRMC is committed to reducing the spread of influenza to its patients, visitors, employees and volunteers.
and Surgical Units
(Located on the 3rd Floor)
10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
Intensive Care (CICU)
(Located on the 3rd Floor)
Visiting hours are dealt with on an individual basis.
Please speak to the
nurse before entering a patient's room.
As a courtesy to our patients, we ask visitors to use the following guidelines:
- Two (2) people are allowed to visit a patient's room at one time. Please ask additional visitors to wait in the Waiting Areas. Visitors are asked to wear their Visitor Pass at all times while in the Medical Center.
- Please keep visits brief and as quiet as possible. Remember, patients require rest to recuperate.
- Please respect the privacy of the patient you are visiting and the patient sharing the room. If the patient is having an exam or procedure, you may be asked to leave the room until it has been completed.
- We have specified visiting times. Please talk with the Nurse Manager regarding exceptions and requests.
- Children under 12 years of age may visit patients between the hours of 6:00pm and 8:00pm.
- So that our patients are further protected, please do not visit if you or your child have a cold, fever, runny nose, skin rash or flu symptoms.
- Please do not leave your child unattended in the Main Lobby while you are visiting a patient.
- Because of Infection Control policies, patient bathrooms cannot be used by visitors.
- Some of our patients are on restricted diets and need to have their food intake monitored. Please obtain approval from the Nurse Manager before you bring a patient any food from outside the Medical Center.
- West Branch Regional Medical Center is a Smoke-Free facility and campus. Thank you for not smoking.
The Medical Center Gift Shop, Poise 'N Ivy, is located in the
Main Lobby area adjacent to the Reception Desk. Gifts, cards, books,
candy, fresh flowers, balloons and other items are available for purchase. The gift shop is operated by the WBRMC Auxiliary Volunteers.
Monday - Friday 9:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday Noon to 4:00pm
Holiday Hours Vary
The Cafeteria is located off the Main Lobby.
Breakfast - 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Lunch - 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Dinner - 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Coffee, tea, juice and assorted snack items are available any time
during the day. Food and beverages may not be taken from
the Cafeteria to patient rooms unless permission is obtained
from the Nurse Manager.
Vending machines are available in the
Vending/Dining Area off the Main Lobby.
Long distance calls can only be made in a patient's room using a long-distance calling card. These cards can be purchased in the WBRMC Gift Shop. Pay telephones are located off the Main Lobby outside the
Vending/Dining Area near the Public Bathrooms